Ihre Suchergebnisse zum Thema Wissen
Closure of material cycles by the application of degradation in process solutions: developments for the material recycling of residues containing copper and nickel
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
Fertigstellung des Projekts:
Fertigung / produzierende Unternehmen
Industries involving electroplating processes generate very large quantities of metal-bearing wastes, which must be separated for emplacement in hazardous waste landfill sites.
In the conduct of this project, the objectives pursued were as follows:
- the quantitative and qualitative determination of volumes of copper- or nickel-bearing wastes from electroplating installations; and
- the development of decision-making criteria for the determination of appropriate and cost-effective recycling options.
- The total volume of copper-bearing wastes from the electroplating industry in Germany is estimated at a maximum 25,000 Mg per annum. The copper content is of the order of 15.4%, while the nickel content is of the order of 3.1%.
- Typical quantities per waste producer range from 20 to 100 Mg per annum. In consequence, hazardous waste management companies should undertake the collection even of small amounts, which can then be consolidated into reasonably recyclable quantities.
- Hydrochloric acid copper etching solution can be recycled in the form of copper oxychloride. By this method, copper chloride and any unreacted hydrochloric acid can be recycled, and no waste water is produced for treatment.
- Investigations have revealed that hydrometallurgical processes for the recycling of typical electroplating sludges of complex composition are not recommended. Benefits in terms of the metal recycling quota will only be obtained in the case of concentrated nickel filter cakes.
In the case of pyrometallurgical recycling processes, on the grounds of contamination and energy use, it is preferable that the reaction should be completed in sulphured melting charges.
Autor/Projektleiter: Norddeutsche Affinerie
Der Bericht kann als Papierversion angefordert werden. Bezugskontakt s. Text oben
Das ZRE übernimmt keine Garantie für die Lieferbarkeit.
© cleaner production germany (Umweltbundesamt UBA)