Ihre Suchergebnisse zum Thema Wissen
Change of existing galvanizing plants to material loss minimised process technology at simultaneous cost reductionConversion of existing electroplating plants to a process technology with minimum material losses and simultaneous cost reduction
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
Fertigstellung des Projekts:
Fertigung / produzierende Unternehmen
For the purposes of corrosion protection and operational reasons, the surfaces of power circuit-breakers are coated by electroplating.
The object of this project was the elimination at source of the causes of environmental pollution associated with this process through the introduction of a process technology involving minimal material losses in an existing electroplating installation.
The core installation – comprising the automatic zinc and nonferrous galvanizing systems, the phosphatizing installation, the manual dipping installation and the semi-automatic aluminium-silvering installation – together with upstream peripherals (ion exchangers, exhaust gas scrubbers and the wastewater treatment plant) have been analysed and incorporated into routine production on a step by step basis.
- For the completion of internal material cycles, regenerators have been installed for the removal of impurities from process solutions, thereby extending the service life of the latter.
- The optimised rinsing technology used has contributed substantially to the minimisation of material losses in the following respects:
- reduced volumes of wastewater associated with the disposal of rinsing water and the use of regeneration in the ion exchanger circuit;
- reduced use of chemicals for regeneration in the ion exchanger circuit;
- reduced use of chemicals for wastewater treatment, and
- reduced losses of silver by means of systematic recovery from all process solutions and rinsing waters
- In a number of process solutions, the substitution of the process chemistry applied has been possible. For example, the cyanic zinc electrolyte has been replaced by a cyanide-free alkali, and pickling solutions have been replaced by systems in which the subsequent proportional adjustment of individual components is possible.
- The switchover to a process technology involving minimum material losses has resulted in the improvement of process reliability, whilst allowing costs to be reduced at the same time.
Autor/Projektleiter: Joachim Thürk ; Claudia Bäßler
Der Bericht kann als Papierversion angefordert werden. Bezugskontakt s. Text oben
Das ZRE übernimmt keine Garantie für die Lieferbarkeit.
© cleaner production germany (Umweltbundesamt UBA)