Ihre Suchergebnisse zum Thema Wissen
Reorganization of galvanic plants to material loss minimised process techniques with simultaneous reduction of costs: electroplating repairs
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
Fertigstellung des Projekts:
Fertigung / produzierende Unternehmen
The repair of damaged aircraft components is undertaken in specialised workshops which require comprehensive electroplating facilities for the demetallization of surfaces to be repaired.
This project involved the analysis of environmentally-relevant processes in an electroplating repair shop and the optimisation of these processes in accordance with the following objectives:
* The reduction of waste water flows
* The recovery of valuable materials
* The achievement of economic benefit with limited investment expenditure
* The maintenance of high process reliability and security
Comparative cost calculations for the actual situation and potential options for optimisation have been used for the development of a preferred variant involving the following specific measures:
- Optimisation of rinsing technology by the incorporation of additional rinse cycles and the separate collection and reconcentration of cadmium-bearing waste waters.
- Optimisation of the existing ion exchange installation through the closure of the processing cycle, series connection and counterflow regeneration.
- Reduction of energy use in hot flow rinse cycles by the incorporation of regulating valves and heat exchangers.
- Optimised fluoride separation from exhaust air by the use of additional gas scrubbers and the separate purification of reconcentrated waste waters.
- Extension of regeneration cycles for hot degreasing process solutions.
- Recovery of potassium silver cyanide in the silvering process by the use of vacuum evaporation.
The total calculated cost reduction associated with all these optimisation measures is 80%.
The measure defined for the “silver” process stage has already been implemented during the term of the project, and has generated a cost saving of 32%.
Autor/Projektleiter: Bäßler ; Ulrich Gaedicke ; Peeck
Der Bericht kann als Papierversion angefordert werden. Bezugskontakt s. Text oben
Das ZRE übernimmt keine Garantie für die Lieferbarkeit.
© cleaner production germany (Umweltbundesamt UBA)