Ihre Suchergebnisse zum Thema Wissen
Reorganization of galvanic plants to material loss minimised process techniques with simultaneous reduction of costs: environmental and economic assessment and optimisation: ecological and economic evaluation and optimisation
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF)
Fertigstellung des Projekts:
Fertigung / produzierende Unternehmen
The industrial surface treatment in electroplating plants with various techniques of pretreatment and coating of predominantly metallic materials is a relevant field in environmental protection. The surface-treatment industry causes polluted waste water and in addition sludge contaminated with heavy metals, which often have to be deposited as hazardous waste. Improvement of process techniques of electroplating plants is therefore an effective possibility to decrease the environmental impact.
The aim of this project was to evaluate the environmental and economic effects of optimisation measures for the regarded electroplating plants and processes at the involved companies and to support the optimisation process.
Procedure and results:
- Therefore the instrument of the Environmental and Economic Plant Optimisation (ÖBO) was used and further developed. This instrument supports estimations if modifications on a system actually reduce the environmental and economic impacts within the total system boundaries.
- The data basis for the evaluation is formed by analytic balance and allocation models of the analysed wet-chemical processes, which were used to provide assessments of material and energy flows related to the optimisation options. The process models are modular and therefore generaliseable.
- The methodical procedure is based on the LCA-method according to the DIN EN ISO 14040 et seqq. and the cost comparison and amortisation method. According to the requirements of technique and process comparisons, methodical extensions and adjustments were made concerning the iterative procedure, the reference state and the comparability of the systems.
- At first optimisation concepts and afterwards the realised conversions of the plants were evaluated in the project. The results of the assessments and optimisations were systematically compiled in a database-based fact and knowledge pool and are therefore transferable to other applications in the electroplating industry.
Autor/Projektleiter: Günter Fleischer
Der Bericht kann als Papierversion angefordert werden. Bezugskontakt s. Text oben
Das ZRE übernimmt keine Garantie für die Lieferbarkeit.
© cleaner production germany (Umweltbundesamt UBA)